14 Jun 2014

BOOK SHAME #1


This is a new little series thing I've decided to start over here. On Booktube lately, a lot of people have been talking about unread books, TBR's and book shame. I have my own booktube channel but every time I try and film a video about this, I end up with half an hour long videos and nobody wants to watch those! So, this post was born.


I’ve been tossing up for a while on how to do this- I thought about doing it in genres or by shelf, but I’ve decided to do it this way now so I can talk individually about each book. Basically, I’m going to take eight books out of my TBR jar every post and talk about those eight books a little. Here we go!

Also, Chami decided to tack on 10 of her own shameful books, because she's beautiful. 

1. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie
This was actually one of the first Agatha books I ever got, and I have this thing about borrowing more of her books from the library and reading those first before getting to the twenty or so of hers that I own already. 


2. David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
I can tell you exactly why I haven't read this yet. It's big. I only just recently finish Great Expectations and while that wasn't my first Dickens, this one still sort of terrifies me. I know I'll probably love it once I read it, it's just getting to it that's the problem.


3. The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
I picked this one up quite a while ago, and there are unread books on my shelf that I think about quite a lot, this is not one of them. In fact, I kinda forgot this was even on there. I'm not sure if this'll be my kind of book or not, but I'll give it a go anyway.

4. Two Brothers by Ben Elton
This one is a rather recent buy. It's different to my usual type of book, considering it's an adult one but it's also about World War II which is one of my favourite things to read about. I honestly don't know when I'll get to this.

5. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
That's right, there are unread John Green books on my shelves. I don't know why I've been putting this one off to be quite honest. I'll have to put some time aside for the worst type of pain- the one only John Green can cause.

6. The Queen’s Choice by Cayla Kluver
I think I bought this the same day I bought Two Brothers, so I'm not too bothered about having not gotten to it yet. I have absolutely no idea what this is about and I've heard some mixed reviews about it so we'll see what I think.

7. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
I've mentioned this one so much recently that I don't feel like I really need to get into it. I'm hoping to get to this one during my semester break.

8. Blood Red Road by Moira Young
Again, don't really know much about this one and it's also one I've heard mixed reviews of. I got this one for $5 so I don't really mind if I end up not liking it.


1. A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
Ah, don't we all know this special series? The main reason I haven't really picked this series up is 1: THE MASSIVE SIZE, and 2: THE MULTIPLE VIEW POINTS. I can read about 2 POV's and then that is just it. I can't do anymore or else I'm gone.

2. The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman
I have the first book but I have no motivation. I've actually heard amazing things about it but I feel like you have to prepare yourself to dive into extreme fantasy sometimes and I don't want to prepare just yet.

3. The Perks Of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Yup, I have not subjected myself to the legend that is Chobosky. I'm not a big fan of contemporary and I guess that is what has kept me away. #theshame

4. The Maze Runner by James Dashner
I don't know what is wrong with me but Ely got me the first two books of this series for my birthday and I have STILL NOT READ THEM. I HAD FAITH IN MYSELF THAT I WOULD'VE READ THEM BY NOW.

5. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Another series I haven't read. I am drowning from all the shame guys. Main reason I haven't picked up this book is because of rumours about the last book in the series not having a clear ending. Can I let myself embark on that journey now?

6. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
I have heard SO MANY good things about this book and yet, I have not touched it. Why haven't I touched it? I do not know.

7. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
Oh geez, I probably should have mentioned this first because I am most ashamed of myself for not reading this book. I, again, have heard so many wonderful things about this but I feel like for this book you would have to prepare yourself before you read it and therefore, I cannot be bothered.

8. Renegade by J.A. Souders
Oh how I have heard about this series from ELY about a billion times. I always say I am going to read this one next and I never do. *Sad Face*

9. THE FIFTH WAVE by Rick Yancey  (Chami really has to read this one - Ely)
Boy, have i wanted to read this one since the day It came out. I have heard so many good things about it already. I basically forced Ely to not talk to me about it after she finished it because I knew that it was already too good and I was so dissapoint in myself for not picking it up sooner. Like this is one of the books that I LITERALLY wanted to read from the first day it came out, and knowing Ely with all her time, got to read it. I will forever be jelly (but i can say I owned it first since I did have an audiobook version sent to me by Eva, so hehe)

10. Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi
I have read this series at least 50 times (she's really not joking - Ely). But I am ashamed of myself for not reading it again.

That it's for this time. We'll see you all next time!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaah I definitely think Chami should feel more shame than you Ely. Like come onnnnn, Perks? The Golden Compass? The Night Circus? (I have read Delirium, but not its sequels, and Shatter Me is on my bookshelf)

    What should I be ashamed of not reading? Um, Throne of Glass, finishing the Lunar Chronicles and The Grisha, pretty much everything. gah. I am reading the Raven Boys now though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogger deleted my comment so I'm replying to this for the second time D: Anyway, I definitely make Chami feel ashamed whenever I possibly can. Though, admittedly I haven't read The Night Circus myself. *hides*

      YES. Val, you HAVE to read Throne of Glass. I'm also behind on the Lunar Chronicles and I only just started Shadow and Bone!

      x Ely

      Delete