20 Apr 2014

Ely's Recommendations #2

Heeeello, and welcome back to my second recommendations post. Firstly, if you'd like to see my first post, just click here. So I've got another five books/series to recommend today. This list is more about series that are hugely popular, but in case you may not have read them, I've decided to mention them today!

1. Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
This one probably goes without saying. I started this series way back when I was thirteen and I have loved it ever since. The story is amazing, but one of the main reasons I love this series so much is because of Rose Hathaway. I'm a big fan of kick-ass girls, and I think Rose is the reason. She's incredibly bad-ass, but at the end of the day she's really a normal girl- she makes mistakes and bad decisions just like everyone else, but I will continue to love her until my dying day. Plus, I'm not ashamed to admit that I adore Dimitri, Adrian and Christian too!


2. Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi
Again, for anyone who's been following our blog for a while, you should not be surprised by this one. Both Chami and I absolutely adore this series to no end. Warner is definitely the main reason for this, but Tahereh's writing is so lovely and so unique which makes us love it even more. We honestly never shut up about this series, to the point that we just make references to the characters and quotes way more than is healthy. We have no regrets though.


3. A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
This isn't one that is really talked about anymore, I suppose because it finished a few years ago back in 2006 but this is one of my ALL-TIME favourite series. This is probably one of the first series that I religiously read as a child and to be honest, I think I even read all of it way before I got into the Harry Potter books. I remember counting down the days until the next book would be released and then buying it the moment it came out, only to finish it within a few hours and go back to counting down again. I don't think any series ever could replace the spot in my heart that this series dominates.

4. The Body Finder series by Kimberly Derting
This one doesn't have quite the same scope as the others, but this one is still quite popular. I had my doubts about it before I begun but this series is truly awesome. The premise of the book is so unique and it's definitely pulled off well. I think my favourite thing though is the romance in these books, it's so sweet and realistic and I just love Violet and Jay so much! I haven't actually read the final book yet but I can't wait to get my hands on it!

5. Gemma Doyle trilogy by Libba Bray
This is the same sort of deal as The Body Finder in the sense that I have yet to read the final book (in my defense it's 800 pages long!) but I love the first two books so much that I had to include it. These are quite different to what I usually read, the series is about witches in Victorian England. They're incredibly amazing, although quite dark and heavy at times. The characters are all amazing, and I can't wait to finish the series!

6 comments:

  1. Yes I really need to read the Shatter Me series! But I have to wait until the summer which is when I get access to a library!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need to read it Val! It's seriously amazing. Let me know when you read it so I can fangirl with you :)

      x Ely

      Delete
  2. I shall join you in your Warner fangirling. My goodness, he's the hottest thing to ever hit YA. That second book was phenomenal, all I remember from it is Warner. It's one of the first series I recommend to anyone who remotely looks like the might ask me what they should read next, and I'm not ashamed to admit that I have a chick crush on Ms Mafi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you read Ignite Me yet? That book is just perfection- I love it way more than I probably should!

      x Ely

      Delete
  3. Oh YES to Lemony Snicket! I'm keeping up with his new series and heck, I'm not even a teen anymore! I just love the randomness that is Lemony Snicket's awesome. XD I like the Shatter Me series too...though I liked it more as it went on. The first book was kind of weird. >.< And I've been meaning to start the Vampire Academy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lemony Snicket is a god. I really need to re-read the books, I think. I agree with you about Shatter Me, I definitely loved them more as the series went on. YES! You need to start VA right NOW!

      x Ely

      Delete