10 Jun 2014

Top Ten Books I've Read So Far This Year

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and you can find more about this meme here. This week is the top ten books I've read so far this year. I've been sick this past week and also have been studying for my exam (which is today), so I didn't get the time to include pictures or go into too much detail.

1. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
I talk about this book a lot, probably more than is actually healthy. Because of that, I won't talk about this one, except to say that I seriously love that.

2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Yes, I only read this one this year. I KNOW HOW BAD THAT IS! I really, really, really loved though and the movie too.

3. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
I don't know if I'll ever be able to make a post on this blog without somehow mentioning this book. It's amazing and brilliant, and if you haven't started the series already you seriously need to get on that right now.

4. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
If you've read this, I'm sure you can understand.

5. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
This was AMAZING. I absolutely adore Calaena, and I can't wait to finally get to Crown of Midnight (I've been putting it off until the Heir of Fire release date was closer).

6. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
Another one I absolutely adored. I haven't had chance to get to the last two books yet, but when I do...there will probably be a lot of fangirling involved.

7. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Does this even need an explanation?

8. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
I talk about this one a lot too. I read it pretty recently, and it was absolutely mindblowing. I can't wait for the sequel!

9. Reboot by Amy Tintera
This is another recent read. Basically, I loved this and the sequel, Rebel. If you'd like to see my full thoughts on it, you can check out my review here.

10. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
It's a bit sad that I only mentioned the one classic on this list, but I think Jane Eyre more than deserves that spot. Again, you can see my review here.





24 comments:

  1. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is one of my favorite books. No further explanation needed :) I love Jane Eyre! Every few years, I go back and read it and it's still so wonderful.

    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful, isn't it? This was my first time reading Jane Eyre, but I think it'll be one I end up reading again and again. Thanks for commenting!

      x Ely

      Delete
  2. Yes I have read Fangirl and yes I do understand. =) I have only read Shatter Me, though I intend to read and actually already own the other two, but after seeing Ignite Me on so many lists today it is moving up on my TBR!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my personal opinion, the series only gets better from then onwards. I hope you like them!

      x Ely

      Delete
  3. I just love Fangirl so freaking much... AND JANE EYRE. I never get tired of that book. Never.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane Eyre is magnificent! Possible new favourite book of all time for me :)

      x Ely

      Delete
  4. The Book Thief ♥ It's so goooood!
    I almost hated Ignite Me. Gosh, it was an awful ending to such a great series, imo :( I was on the edge of my seat while reading the two first books :/
    Here's my TT https://gorgeousbooks.wordpress.com/2014/06/10/top-ten-tuesday-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even know how to respond to this. I half agree, and I half don't.

      x Ely

      Delete
  5. I have something to say about every single one of this wonderful books you mentioned, Ely, so be prepared! Haha. :)

    These Broken Stars: I LOVED this one as well, though unfortunately it didn't make my list today...but it was just so much more than what I was expected and I want This Shattered World NOW!

    The Book Thief: I only read this one this year also, and it was beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I loved the film also.

    Ignite Me: Now, this is giving me incentive to get my butt into gear and read Unravel Me!

    Fangirl: I did enjoy Fangirl, but prefer Eleanor & Park out of the two. :)

    Throne of Glass: I NEED TO START THIS ASAP

    Unearthly: I've been so hesitant to pick this up, but after seeing how much you like it, I think I'll have to pick it up sooner or later!

    The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer: I NEEDED THIS BOOK LIKE YESTERDAY. I think it'll be the next book depository order I make...maybe.

    The 5th Wave: LOVED THIS TOO. I NEED THE INFINITE SEA!

    Reboot: Heard so many good things about this one, need to start it now!

    Jane Eyre: I really need to read Jane Eyre - if I see either of the two editions I've had my eye on when we have out meet up, I'm going to buy one of them. If I don't see either, I know I'll be making a book depository order when I get home. :)

    Thanks for sharing once again, Ely. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh I love The Book Thief and Jane Eyre. I'm currently reading Fangirl right now, though, but I can't read it straight since I have to skip the book and prioritize my ARCs haha! I've always wanted to read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer! I read so many good reviews :) Loved your list! Most of the books you put here are familiar to me. :)

    My Top Ten Tuesday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand, but I'm sure you'll love it when you get the chance to properly read it! Good luck with those ARCs!!

      x Ely

      Delete
  7. I just finished Broken Stars; I know what you mean.

    Here's my Best Books So Far This Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Throne of Glass and The 5th Wave made it onto previosu year's top lists for me. I want to read These Broken Stars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm a little bit slow! You should, definitely, it's sooooo good.

      x Ely

      Delete
  9. I really need to read These Broken Stars, The Book Thief, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and Reboot! I have The 5th Wave, Jane Eyre and Unearthly on my TBR pile! :)

    Kyra @ Blog of a Bookaholic
    My TTT Post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're soooooo good. I hope you get the chance to get to them all soon!

      x Ely

      Delete
  10. I've read #2, #4 and #10 and I loved all three. The others on your list sound good as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. THIS IS THE BEST LIST EVER! The Book Thief is amazing! Fangirl is amazing! And These Broken Stars is amazing. I HEARD GOOD THINGS about the Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and I still need to read it! Same thing with the whole Shatter Me series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AW, VAL! You really, really need to read the Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and Shatter Me- I think you'd really enjoy both of them.

      x Ely

      Delete
  12. These Broken Stars was fan-flipping-tastic. I need the sequel, like, now. Rainbow Rowell could rewrite the dictionary and I'd be completely enamored with it. I love her writing style. I can't say enough good things about Ignite Me. I know a lot of people hated it, but I was 1000% pleased. I loved Cynthia Hand's series and, well, I can't say enough good things about Mara Dyer. <3

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, why isn't the sequel already in our hands? I understand why people might not like the end of Ignite Me, but I loved it too.

      x Ely

      Delete
  13. I've read six out of 10 and couldn't agree more. These Broken Stars was by far my favourite there, I absolutely loved it! I worry about the second This Shattered World, as it's about different characters and I really hope that it can back it up. I'm not going to hype it up, as that always ends up in a massive let down. Another one I've read and loved was The Winner's Curse. It gave me the same feeling of contentment as These Broken Stars. Love the new series that are all starting, I think 2015 will be HUGE in YA sequels.

    ReplyDelete