15 Dec 2014

INSURGENT TRAILER REVIEW

So Insurgent is one of those books that I don’t actually remember much of. 


It was kind of a blur in the Divergent series and I just remember a bunch of things happening that did not make any sense. 



Gathered from all the other reviews and reactions that I have watched, I feel like a lot of people are in the boat of having to reread that particular book again. 

Am I looking forward to this movie? I don’t really mind.




So now you know my neutral feels about this book to movie adaptation, lets continue onto the review!

First of all, if you look at the trailer as not attached to the book, it looks awesome. So basically remove its whole connection to the book and view it as an awesome jam packed action movie with awesome twists and wicked fighting scenes. My sister absolutely hates book to movie adaptations that are young adult and I got her to say that the trailer was pretty awesome in her opinion. To me, it looks like a film that I would watch even if there weren’t a book or so attached to it. It is cut perfectly and the music fits it just as well.

Now, look at it as if it is attached to a book. A book we know as Insurgent by Veronica Roth.

Is this the same book? I mean I don’t remember a lot of the book but I don’t really remember most of what was in that trailer happening in the book.


AKA: The box.

What?

What even.




I am so confused right now.

The main plot however is there. I can see that.



One of the things I’m really hoping that they don’t leave out is the emotional journey that Tris goes on after shooting one of her friends in the previous book/movie. She deals with suicide and her own emotions and it is so interesting to read about when it is mostly rare to see things like that in dystopian books these days. She suffers the consequence.  I want to see Tris suffer in the movie. That kind of sounds psycho, right? Haha!








Honestly, I am always fine with movies adding in things. They have to make the movie suitable for different audiences and demographics. There is no tea break (Although i wish there was). There is no, “I’ll read this thirty minutes every night”. There is a two hour frame to make at least the basic plot of a book into something that is worth watching for not only the people that read the books. Truthfully, the added action sequences in the trailer look awesome and it’s always good to be surprised once in a while. You can never translate a book to a movie perfectly without something at least being changed or altered. So now that I think about it, I am excited for this movie to come out! I didn’t enjoy the book as much as I think I should’ve. I think it’s time to give the movie a try.