12 Dec 2014

THE FIFTH WAVE MOVIE SOUNDTRACK


So, If you have been hiding under a rock you might not know that “The Fifth Wave”, by Rick Yancy is becoming an official book to movie franchise!
The official soundtrack for the movie has not been set in stone so really you can’t blame me for trying to predict (or at least hope) the songs that I believe fit perfectly with the book series. I hope you agree with my choices and of course, if you have any ideas for this fan soundtrack, leave them down in the comments below!



1.    Dreaming by Smallpools


-   Come on. If you don’t feel the post apocalyptic escape sensation that is this song, then there is something wrong with you. This song should be the theme to whole series because it totally gives off the feeling that the world is ending and everyone needs to escape. Every single lyric in the song is “The Fifth Wave.” I swear, no one can change my mind on this one.


2.    Vagabond by Misterwives


This song is Cassie to me. Now that I think about it, it could actually be any character in this book but for my mental sake, it is for Cassie.  She’s so alone in the world even though she is “pretending to not feel alone” with all the memories she carries of all the people that have slowly left her. The definition of a Vagabond is “ a person who wanders from place to place without a home or job”, and really, isn’t that what Cassie is when we first meet her?

3.    Hurricane by MsMr


-      Also represents Cassie’s state of mind. She has to kill people without blinking as the world has gotten to the point in which that is necessary. I really can’t say anything more without spoiling the series so I am going to have to leave it at that.


So what does everyone else think? Agree with me? Disagree with me? Have any suggestions? Leave them in the comments below!