6 May 2014

The Book Blogger Test

I was tagged by the wonderful Kelly from Diva Booknerd...Victorian bloggers REPRESENT! The tag is simple, answer the questions and then tag five other bloggers!

Questions
1. What are your top three book pet hates?
Broken spines, insta-love and unnecessary sequels/spin-offs. 

2. Describe your perfect reading spot. 
A nice comfortable seat/swingy thing in the sun with a cup of tea.

3. Tell us three book confessions.
I buy books in various genres but I usually only read books in the same or similar genre at the same time- for example, currently it's fantasy. Whenever I see a free bookmark, I have to take one (or, you know, three). I have a habit of picking up new books, reading a few pages and then leaving them unfinished for months at a time.

4. When was the last time you cried during a book?
I cry in books a lot, as well as in TV shows and movies. But I think the last book I cried in was Ignite Me (happy tears), but before that it was The Book Thief (very, very, very sad tears). 

5. How many books are on your bedside table?
None. My bedside table is sort of my Chami shrine- I've got a framed photo of us, two teddy things (named Chely and Pisa) one of which was a 18th birthday gift from Chami and the other one that we both own, as well as various other gifts she's given (and many embarrassing selfies she's sent). I really don't have room for any books!

6. What is your favourite snack whilst your reading?
I don't usually eat and read at the same time, but I usually have a cup of tea beside me- either Earl Grey or Pomegrante. 

7. Name three books you would recommend to everyone.
Kill the Music by Nansi Kunze, These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner and Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier.

8. Show us a picture of your favourite bookshelf on your bookcase. 
My favourite shelf is currently pretty non-existent as I've lent most the books out to a friend. Usually though, it holds These Broken Stars, my Nansi Kunze and Eva Pohler collections, Fangirl and the Across the Universe series. (I'll be doing a bookshelf tour eventually!)
 
9. Write how much books mean to you in just three words.
More than anything (except Chami).

10. What is your biggest reading secret?
This isn't really a secret, but...I still haven't read Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins.

Bloggers I Tag
I'm going to take a couple of my lovely blogger friends...(I don't know if any of you have been tagged before, but anyway!)
The very lovely and awesome, Chiara of Books for a Delicate Eternity #CANDE5EVER
The wonderful Val of Innocent Smiley's Reviews 
The best present giver ever, AKA Brit of Crash My Book Party
The blogger I am most jealous of...Ebony of Paperbacks & Protagonists 
And finally, the lovely Eugenia of Chasm of Books.

Can't wait to see all your answers, and thanks once again to Kelly for tagging me!


6 comments:

  1. Ooh, such great questions and even better answers!!

    A seat/swing in the sun with a cup of tea and a good book...so, so perfect!

    Also, I do the same thing - I tend to only read a certain genre for like a month or so before reading something else!

    If you don't mind me asking, why haven't you read Mockingjay yet? Was it because you got spoiled?

    Thank you so much for tagging me! (Also, there's absolutely no reason to be jealous of me, if anything, I should be jealous of you and your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day, I'll have a beautiful garden with a swing so I can read there!
      It's only something I've noticed I do recently, and I have no idea why I do it!
      Yeah, I think it was. Also, a lot of people told me it was terrible and not to bother reading it. I will one day though!
      I can't wait to see your answers Ebony! (I'm just jealous of where you live, plus TFiOS)

      x Ely

      Delete
  2. I want to read on a swing set with tea!!!! The only problem would be all the mosquitoes though. OOO AND A GLASS OF LEMONADE yum. I also cried when I finished the Book Thief, it was super sad. RudyxLiesel forever.

    Thanks for tagging meeeeee! I'll try to get my answers up sometime next week when I'm at home :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's perfect, isn' it? YESS, RUDY/LIESEL FOREVER!

      You're very welcome. I can't wait to read your answers Val!!!!

      Delete
  3. Aw #CANDEISAMAZING heeheee.
    Ugh yes The Book Thief caused many a depressed tear in me, as well! And the movie was even worse, because I am actually a non-crier in books but an uber-crier in TV shows and movies >.<
    I don't even HAVE a bedside table but yours sounds so adorable ^.^
    I cannot read and eat at the same time because I am terrified of marking the pages with whatever I am eating. D:
    YAY FANGIRL. I am so glad that it one of your favourites because it is so special and amazing. I just GAH <3
    ELY! How have you not read Mockingjay yet? XD You need to get on that, girly!
    Thank you for the nomination! I shall get around to it ASAP <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cry at like everything, trust me- I get what you're saying :)
      Fangirl is beautiful, it should be everyone's favourite. It's just...amazing, to put it simply.
      I know, I know, I know! I think I'm going to have to dedicate a month to finishing up series that I've started, I've got so many!
      #CANDEISLOVE

      x Ely

      Delete