3 Jan 2015

NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS

Hey Everyone!

I thought it would be fun to share My New Years Resolutions overall on the blog! If you have any new years resolutions that are similar, comment down below!

BLOG

Ely and I were discussing this over Skype the other day and we settled mainly on three things that we wanted to improve for this year:
  • ·      Frequent Posting
  • ·      More Reviews
  • ·      More Collabs

We’ve created a schedule in which there is a new post every single day on the blog.

Monday: Chami
Tuesday: Both of Us
Wednesday: Ely
Thursday: Chami
Friday: Ely
Saturday: Chami
Sunday:Ely

One of my main goals this year is to be SUPER active! I didn’t have the chance to last year because of Year 12, but now I can post as much as I want, MUHAHAHAHA. I also want to be active in the comments, checking out other people’s blogs and respond to emails as well as seeking out what I want.


BOOKTUBE:

Readlikewildfire, my booktube channel, has been going pretty good so far! I am pretty proud of myself for frequent posting even though I find it extremely difficult and time consuming managing both my beauty channel (and book channel) and the book one. Currently, I’ve prioritized my book channel over my beauty channel. I might have to slow down to posting one video a week when University begins but I really really want to continue doing these! My goal is to post two videos a week. I also want to reach out to other booktubers! Especially Australian ones!


BEAUTYTUBE:

My beauty channel is Allthewickedwander and I’m not really considering it as a beauty channel but more of a channel that is not about books haha. I am really passionate about doing Film and Television and my aim for this holidays is to create a piece of work that I can use as a portfolio piece. I want to do a project, perhaps a music video or a short film, of high quality. I also don’t mind doing Document Your Life videos! They are beautiful to watch and make.

WRITING:


Ah, Writing. One of the loves and hates of my life. 2014 was actually a great writing year for me! It was a great escape from the stresses of the final year of schooling and I produced a piece of writing that broke a lot of boundaries for me. I leaped out of my comfort zone several times and it was nice not to be restricted in writing. I really really enjoyed writing that story and a lot of people enjoyed reading it thankfully! I’ve already got a lot on my plate this year, but lets add one more to the list. I’ve written and finished so many stories that I’ve initially wanted to publish but didn’t have the time and energy to make that happen. This year I want to brush up one of my stories, finish the story I was writing last year and also write another idea that I had and make that one mind blowing.  I’ve been world building that one currently and consistently through out the year but I unfortunately I cannot get the characters right in my head. This is going to be a long project but it makes me happy!


READING - GOODREADS CHALLENGE:

So I have never ever done a Booktubethon/Readathon let alone a Goodreads Challenge and I thought that 2015 would be the year to change that. My Goodreads challenge is to read 50 books in 2015 and I have no clue if I will read that many as when you think about it, 50 is A LOT! I’m not sure if I will ever join a Booktubethon/Readathon because I don’t think I would enjoy the book while stressing with how many days have passed by me. Maybe though. Maybe.

Graphic Novels: I used to read Graphic novels a lot but now they have totally dissapered from my current life (if we don’t count that captain underpants book I have) and I kind of really miss them! I don’t have any particular book but if you have any recommendations feel free to leave them down below.

Audiobooks: I have attempted to listen to books but it has never really worked out. I guess I just want to give it a try this year!


TV SHOWS:

So I watched a few amines at the end of last year and I realized, gosh, I really want to get into this thing. I enjoyed them immensely and I am not one to be bothered by a language barrier as long as there are subtitles. I had a list I wanted to watch and I’m hoping to make my way down it rapidly. The same goes to Korean/ Japanese Dramas. I’ve watched a couple on both sides and I loved them. Ely and I’s favorite Japanese drama is Hana Yori Dango and I do think everyone should watch that because it is ridiculously fantastic. Just like reading, I aim to be more diverse this year!


LIFE:

I am so easily disheartened by other people and I know that is one this I definitely want to change about myself. I need to stop being overly bitter and focus on myself for once. The only person you have to live with the rest of your life is you, anyway. There is the quote on pin interest that says: “ I just want to make beautiful things even if nobody cares”. That is truly what I inspire to do.  No one likes someone who is bitter.

Get a job: So I can get more money for books.

Exercise: This year I actually truly want to get fit! I am going to start of with doing 30 minutes everday. Then I am going to attend gym classes for spin, Shbam and Zumba! Also, No soft drink.

Academic: This year will be my first year of university and since I have no clue what to expect, the only goal that I want to set for myself right now is to keep up! A lot of people have told me that it is very hard to keep up during University so there we go, those are my goals.

I would love to know all your new years resolutions!