1 Dec 2012

UPDATE: Gifts and the like.

Welcome back!

It’s time for another update of the books I’ve recently acquired. So without further ado, let’s get started. 

 First of all, my mum and I purchased the first two books in the Quickening Series by Fiona McIntosh- ‘Myrren’s Gift’ and ‘Blood and Memory’. The series is a high-fantasy series, though my mum and I first encountered Fiona McIntosh through ‘The Lavender Keeper’ which is a World War Two romance novel that is absolutely mind-blowingly amazing.

Secondly, while shopping for Christmas presents I found ‘The House of Silk’ by Anthony Horowitz which is a new Sherlock Holmes novel (which is originally written by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle). It sounds so amazing and also made the perfect present for my fellow Sherlock crazed close friend. Horowitz also wrote the Stormbreaker series which was turned into a movie in 2006, staring Alex Pettyfer.


Thirdly, I received some early Christmas gifts from my school friends. From my friend Tyler, I received ‘The Skeleton Key’ by Tara Moss. From my friend Sarah (my fellow Sherlock crazed friend) I received 'The complete short fiction’ by Oscar Wilde and ‘The Swiss Family Robinson’ Johann David Wyss. I don’t know about you guys but I love getting books from my friends that I don’t already own but know I will love!


While we are on the topic of receiving, both Chami and I were sent copies of the first two books in The Gatekeeper’s Trilogy by Eva Pohler- ‘The Gatekeeper’s Sons’ and ‘The Gatekeeper’s Challenge’. Thank you Eva for sending us and signing both copies!

That's all the books I have for you guys this time!


2 comments:

  1. I'm follower #35...would appreciate a follow back at http://thethingsyoucanread.blogspot.com/

    Thanks!

    Cynthia
    http://thethingsyoucanread.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cynthia. We are actually already following you :) Thanks for following back though.

    x Chami and Ely

    ReplyDelete