9 Jan 2015

The Impossibly Large TBR (+ #ProjectTBR)



Having a big TBR pile is one of those things that comes with being a booklover, especially after finding booktube and other book blogs. There are so many books out there in this world that is’ hard to escape them.

As a person who reads a big selection of genres, I kind of have a serious problem. But that is where #ProjectTBR comes in – I’m not going to explain it in this post, instead just watch this video I made about it.



Since I have more time/space here, I’m going to talk a little about some goals within the project.

By July/August 2015 (which is when I leave for the exchange I mentioned), I’d like to be able to fit all of my TBR books onto the one bookshelf. Currently, my books are spread over four different bookshelves in my house – they’re mixed in with my read books, as well the (very) few books that my dad and brother own. I’d like them to all fit in the one bookshelf in my room.

I’m going to implement the ’10 for 1’ rule. Basically, for every ten books I read (only from the books I own, so no library books) I’m allowed to buy 1. I don’t know if I’ll be able to stick to this, but I’m going to try anyway.

Finally, I also want to use the ‘100 page’ rule, meaning if I’m reading a book – if I’m not enjoying it by page 100 and I have no motivation to continue, then it’s getting added to my unhaul pile.

So there you go! Those are my goals for #ProjectTBR. Are any of you joining in?