10 Apr 2014

UPDATE: Current reads #3


Hello, and welcome back! I'm going to jump right in to my update...

Recent reads
Since last week, I've managed to finish four books- Briar Rose, Unearthly, Audrey Hepburn, An Elegant Spirit and The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer which I actually all rated five stars.

Current reads
I'm currently reading 4 different books. Last week I was reading six, I only finished one of those but I decided to consider the others as 'inactive' reads for me.
That being said, I'm still reading Resistance by Owen Shears. I'm now on page 50, so I'm (very) slowly progressing through the book.
Sunday night, I also started Disgrace by J.M. Coetzee for class. I'm on page 75, and I have literally no motivation to read any more of this book. I find it all rather disgusting, to be honest.
I also started Myrren's Gift by Fiona McIntosh. I've been on a real fantasy kick lately so I thought I'd start this one- I'm only like 5 pages in so far.
I'm also re-reading The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I read this for the first time back in 2012 and I hated it, but I think I've grown in my reading tastes and I think I'll love this, this time around.

Goals
I know I'll probably be reading both Resistance and Myrren's Gift for a little while longer, but some of the books I'd like to start by next week are Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit (for class), Sarah's Key, The Great Gatsby: The Graphic Novel, Just_a_girl, Enticed and The Unnaturalists.

Due to a multitude of exciting things next week, I won't have an update post next Thursday. So I'll be including next week and the week after in the following post. Hopefully, I'll be able to read a few more books before then!

4 comments:

  1. Wow I'm super impressed with how many books you read in a week, at a time! What did you think of Briar Rose? I still need to reread it since I don't remember anything from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you're making me blush, Val. I actually really liked Briar Rose. It was kinda slow to start off but it was soooo good once it got into it!

      x Ely

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh, how do you manage so many books at once?! The most I have going at one time is 3....and then they're all on different mediums (like audio, ebook and physical) so they don't get TOO confusing, but still. Sometimes my brain is smush. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't know, Cait. If I ever find out, you'll be the first to know!

      x Ely

      Delete