So I've decided to participate in Sequel Spring this year. This challenge is held by Words in a Teacup, and you can see the original post here.
- This challenge will run from the beginning to the end of spring: March 20th to June 20th 2014.
- The goal is to read as many sequels as possible.
- You can join whenever you want and you can read as many (or as few) sequels as you want.
- A “sequel” is any book that is part of a series, apart from the first one. So prequels and midquels would also count. Anything goes, the only restriction is no standalone novels and no first books in a series.
- If you start a new series during the challenge period, the second (and third, and fourth…) book in that series will count for Sequel Spring.
- (NEW) You can read multiple sequels from the same series.For example if you read all 7 Harry Potter books this spring, you can count 6 of them for Sequel Spring (all books minus the first one).
- (NEW) Books should be at least 50 pages long to count. If you’re reading ebooks, you can check the page count on bookseller sites like Amazon, Barnes & Nobles, etc. Short stories are okay, as long as they’re not too short!
- Books read for other challenges also count. Audiobooks also count.
- (NEW) You don’t have to review all the books you read — you can write no reviews at all if you like, this challenge is all about reading. But if you do write reviews of your Sequel Spring books, there will be a linky to collect all reviews in the progress posts.
- You don’t need a blog to participate. If you’re not a blogger you can link to your Goodreads, Shelfari, LibraryThing, Tumblr, Facebook… anything!
- If you have a blog, it’d be cool if you created a challenge page, or grab a button and link back.
- While We Run by Karen Healey
- Dead Silence by Kimberley Derting
- The Warlock's Shadow by Stephen Deas
- Monsters Of Men by Patrick Ness