24 Apr 2014

UPDATE: Current reads #4

Update time!

Recent reads
Because I had a two week break between this update and the last one, I managed to read a total of 13 books in that time. The books were The Great Gatsby, Enticed, Frostbite, Frostbite: The Graphic Novel, Emblaze, Endless, Empower, Shadow Kiss, Shadow Kiss: Graphic Novel, Searching for Sky, The Great Gabsy: Graphic Novel, The 5th Wave and Prince of Thorns.

Current reads
I'm currently reading 5 books, though I'm not really 'into' any of them yet.
The first book is New Girl by Paige Harbison. I'm only 20 pages into this so far, but I'm really excited to see where this one goes. It's a modern day retelling of Rebecca, which is one of my favourite books ever.
I'm also reading Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes. I've barely started this one, I'm about 15 pages in. That's the same for While We Run by Karen Healey and The Archived by Victoria Schwab, which I've also barely started.
Finally, A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin. After posting last week's update, I had this urge to start this. I'd already started it once before and got 100 pages in, but now I'm up to page 230. I really like it, but it requires a lot of time and attention.

Goals
Obviously, I'd like to make it through the first four books by next week and I'd also like to read at least another 100 pages of Game of Thrones. I'd also really like to read Just_a_girl (finally!), Dark Triumph, Prodigy and The Gatekeeper's Secret.


3 comments:

  1. Wow! You've read so many great books lately, Ely. :) Did you enjoy The Great Gatsby? Also, what was the graphic novel like? I wasn't aware that there was a graphic novel based on The Great Gatsby, and I want to get into graphic novels, so I would be interested in checking this one out if you recommend it.

    What did you think of the Violet Eden books? I've heard mixed reviews on the series, so I'm unsure if I plan on reading them or not. I also hope you enjoyed The 5th Wave. :)

    I hope to begin Falling Kingdoms and A Game of Thrones soon.

    Thanks for the great update, Ely. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, I've been a little bit crazy. The Great Gatsby was a re-read for me, but I definitely liked it a lot more the second time around. The graphic novel is by Nicki Greenberg, and I seriously loved it. You should definitely check it out!

      I really loved the Violet Eden chapters, actually. I found them a lot of fun to read so I'd definitely recommend them. I ADORED The 5th Wave, I actually need therapy now.

      Thanks for commenting Ebony!

      x Ely

      Delete
  2. I'm totally going to try Game of Thrones someday. I'm just...working up the courage. ;) I know it LOOKS intense, gah, (and aren't they mega-thick?!) so I'll need a lot of patience! Haha! x)

    ReplyDelete