As part of our blogoversary celebrations, today we have the absolutely wonderful Cecilia Robert featuring on our blog! She's also been nicer enough to allow us to do a giveaway of her book, Reaper's Novice. Thank you so much to Cecilia- not only for this post but for supporting us for the last six months or so.
10 Random facts about me by Cecilia Robert.
- I love reading Zodiac signs –not in an obsessive way—just to learn about character traits. This is much more fun when I am creating two characters whose signs are incompatible s and have to compromise so they can get along without killing each other.
- I'm a huge fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender --The animated series.
- I tend to think I wasn’t born to drive anything on wheels (Other than a bicycle). The Last time I took driving classes, I lasted a week. By the end of it, I almost suffered a nervous breakdown. Every time I drove too close to the pedestrian walk, or edged closer to the Zebra crossing. I’d clutch the wheel so hard my knuckles hurt.
- I can knit/crochet while watching the TV.
- I'm a slow reader. It takes me approximately one week to finish a book.
- I'd rather use the escalators than climb the stairs
- I prefer spicy foods over chocolate
- I'm 5'3, and somehow most of my characters end up having the same height or shorter, in my stories.
- I speak German and Swahili fluently.
- When I was young, I wanted to work as a flight attendant. Now I’m Acrophobic and can’t stand the thought of having more than five feet between the ground and my feet.
About the author
Cecilia Robert lives in Vienna with her two children, has an incurable obsession with books, anything romantic, and medieval architecture. When not working in her full time job, catching up with her two children, writing or reading, she can be found, daydreaming about her next hero in a story who'll make her swoon with just a look (or a word).
About the book: Reaper's Novice (Soul Collector #1)
17- year- old Ana Maria
Tei’s life has always been perfect: loving parents, good grades, and a
future so bright it outshone the sun. But now words like “separation”
and “divorce” are sending her world plummeting to hell. Determined to
keep her family intact, Ana plans a family-bonding trip from Vienna to
Tuscany. Except fate has other plans. Ana’s parents and siblings are
killed in a car accident on their way to pick Ana up from school.
Grim, aka Ernest. He promises to relinquish the four souls if Ana
agrees to trade her soul for theirs and serve a lifetime as his novice.
In order for Ana to graduate from her Reaper’s Novice station to a Soul
Collector graduate, Grim puts her to test. To her horror, she finds out
becoming a Reaper’s Novice didn’t happen by chance. It was preordained,
and she is forced to make a choice: save her family’s souls or come to
terms with who she really is and complete the task set for her.
a Rafflecopter giveaway