23 Sept 2014

Top Ten Books On My Spring To-Be-Read List

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and you can find more about this meme here. This week is the top ten books on my Spring TBR. I don't really know how much reading I'm going to get done this Spring as next month I have my final exams, but here's my list anyway!

1. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
I'm pretty sure this was also on my Winter TBR...I just haven't gotten to it yet. It's reached that point where I really, really want to get this read just because I'm sick of constantly putting it on my TBR.

2. Crome Yellow by Aldous Huxley
This is a really small one, so I reckon I could knock it off pretty quickly. Like Anna Karenina, it's also on my list of 14 books I wanted to read this year.

3. The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
This is another one on that list. I read the first 300 pages or so earlier this year but I put it down for some reason. I'm going to try and get this done as soon as possible.

4. Amy and Matthew by Cammie McGovern
I bought this one at the Melbourne meet-up a few months back, and I've since heard that this is a little disappointing...I just want to get it read now.

5. The Enemy by Charlie Higson
I've been reading this one for MONTHS. I'm really enjoying the story, but I have to be in a certain mood to read it. Hopefully I can get it done this season.

6. Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin
I've been reading this for literally a year and a half. The thing is, when I'm actually actively reading it I'm really enjoying it and I'm getting through it quite quickly but then I put it down for something else...

7. Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
I've had this one out from my Uni library for months now. Considering the year is almost over, I should probably read it and return it!

8. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
OKAY, CALM DOWN! This is a re-read for me but I really, really need some Etienne St Clair in my life right now.

9. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
No, I haven't read this one yet. Yes, I know how good it is. I'll get it read as soon as I can!

10. The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien
Okay, so I don't actually expect to finish this one this Spring but I'd like to at least start it. If all goes to plan, I'd like to read the entire Lord of the Rings this summer.

So yep, that's it! I expect some of you to laugh at my ambitious goals...I know I am. Let me know which of these I should read first. Until next time...


4 comments:

  1. Ahhh...I really want to re-read Anna too! And start the LoTR trilogy...and read something by Aldous Huxley and Elizabeth Gaskell...and read Anna Karenina. Oh, and GoT. And Cinder, and probably The Enemy too...oh, and I want to re-read A Great and Terrible Beauty so that I can read the second book, so I can read the third...there's TOO MANY other books though! Maybe I'll be able to find a summary somewhere....good luck with your Spring TBR, Ely. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day I swear I'm going to read Anna Karenina! I am. Anna and the French Kiss made it on y list as well.

    It's a Book Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna! Scarlet! Two of my favorite books! And I am a huge Libba Bray fan although I liked her Diviners book better... Enjoy!!

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy Scarlet! It's my favorite in the series so far!

    ReplyDelete