24 Jun 2013

OOP'S I DID IT AGAIN? (BOOK PROBLEMS)



I don’t know if this happens to you, but it definitely happens to me. Your reading a book that is just amazing...until you finish it and wait about a week or so, and you begin to rethink the situation. Like reading the book stole you up in it’s glory and you couldn’t look at the big picture until you finally stepped away. That happens to me a lot. If it happens to you leave a comment down below telling us what books made you feel that way. So here’s a list of books I thought were a let down after the reading period. There is a high chance that if you find a review for any of these books it will be in the higher section of the scale, and then you’ll realise how wrong I felt afterwards.
 
The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices’ Series:
You may be thinking, ‘You’re Nuts Chams,’ but I can’t deny what is right in front of me. Let me just state that I have nothing against the fabulous author that I’ve been very lucky to meet. But I just can’t love these books. They are great in the moment of reading, but now that I’ve stepped away there is just something that makes me mad about them. I can’t make a justified judgement on them, but I just have that feeling. Anyone with me?

Shiver Series by Maggie Steifvater
Again, I’ve had the luck of meeting this fabulous author, but her books just don’t do it for me. I think Ely is with me on this one (I’m not sure but she is a babe) because she did give a high score for The Scorpio Races but when I asked her whether to read it or not, she said that it wasn’t that good now that she thought about it. The main character is just so frustrating and Sam, in his point of view, just seems like he is perving on other girls. I wouldn’t go back to reading that series if it was my choice, and for the record, I dislike werewolves, but not enough to despise a book on it.

Insurgent by Veronica Roth
I wasn’t happy with this book. Divergent is my second favourite book (previously first but replaced by the Shatter Me series) and to read this was just such a clutter of disappointment.  I reread the Divergent book before reading Insurgent to clear up on information, but that still didn’t make me feel better on how confusing and jam packed of things I couldn’t care for. Why was Amity the symbol of the book? They barely spent that much time there. One choice can enrage me, my friends.


So what does everyone think? Have any books that you've mistaken for five stars when they were actually two? Or just that nasty feeling that has got you saying the "no no no's."