1 Jun 2013

May Wrap-Up and June TBR

Last month I set myself 37 books to read, I managed to complete 14 of them which include: Carrier of the Mark, On Chesil Beach, The Emerald Tablet, The Winter Ghosts, They Found Him Dead, Sweet Tooth, Maus I, Champions of Power: Age of Aura, Maus II, The Farm, The Pale Horse, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Heaven and The Carrie Diaries.
As usual, reviews have either been posted for these books or will continue to be posted throughout the month of June. If there is a particular one you would like to see reviewed, then please let me know.

Like most bloggers, I have this insane problem where I buy way more books than I read and so my TBR pile is absolutely through the roof (at this point in time I've marked over 1,300 books as 'to-read' on Goodreads), so in the month of June the goal is to make a slight dent in that massive pile by only reading books that are already included in that list. I'm on holidays from school for half this month so I hope to speed through these books then.

*= currently reading
Physical copies
Library books
Scarlett Fever by Maureen Johnson
The Winter Palace by Eva Stachniak
My Soul to Save my Rachel Vincent
Wentworth Hall by Abby Grahame
Pennies for Hitler by Jackie French
The Poison Throne by Celine Kiernan
Zoe Letting Go by Nora Price *
Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
The Collected Short Stories by F. Scott Fitzgerald * 
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy *
Owned books
The Elite by Kiera Cass
Pure by Julianna Baggott
Eragon by Christopher Paolini
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
Three Act Tragedy by Agatha Christie
Duncton Wood by William Horwood
The Princess Bride by William Goldman
The Gift by Cecelia Ahern
Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
Paper Towns by John Green
The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
The Shifting Fog by Kate Morton
Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow
The White Queen by Philippa Gregory
Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin *
Northern Lights by Phillip Pullman 
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
E-book copies
Ten by Gretchen McNeil *
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan 
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
Chase and the Fallen Angel by R.J. Castro *
OMG by Bob Wernly and Kathy Clark *

So that is 34 books to read this month- if you've seen any of my previous TBR's you'll know that, that is slightly reduced compared to my last couple of TBR's. Hopefully I'll be able to read them all! But all will be well, as we all love Chami! (This is what happens when I schedule posts way ahead of time...Chami edits them!)

In case you were wondering how crazy this pile looks, well: