8 Dec 2012

HAUL: I entirely blame authors.

I feel like you guys are probably sick of Chami and I constantly posting book hauls rather than actual reviews, but I promise we do actually have reviews and other posts coming up in the next couple of days. That being said, this is not one of these posts- this is another book haul. So, let's start.

LIBRARY NUMBER ONE.
On the request of my Literature teacher, I picked up two novels by Ian Rankin- 'The Naming of the Dead' and 'Hide & Seek' as further reading for the class.

I also picked up 'A Brief History of Sherlock Holmes' by Nigel Cawthorne for reference for Literature class, and 'Entice' by Carrie Jones which is the third book in the Need series- my review of the second book, Captivate, will be up this week.

BOOKS FOR MY COLLECTION.

 Techanically the next four books were purchased up to a year ago, but a friend of mine has had them for the last six months and therefore were excluded from my bookshelf tour so I'm showing them now.

Firstly, I have 'Shatter Me' by Tahereh Mafi and 'Mishaps' by Nansi Kunze- an Australian author whom I had the pleasure of meeting back in May. Mishaps is one of my absolute favourite YA books.


Then I have 'An Abundance of Katherines' and 'Paper Towns' both by John Green.

LIBRARY NUMBER TWO.

 From a new library I just discovered, I managed to pick up an assortment of books including- 'Black Coffee' by Agatha Christie which was originally a play, and 'Death Comes to Pemberley' by P.D. James.

 I also picked up 'Feeling Sorry for Celia' by Jaclyn Moriarty who is another Australian author, and 'Black Sheep' by Georgette Heyer.

 The last books I have are 'This Side of Paradise' by F. Scott Fitzgerald- this copy was actually first borrowed in 1973 (Can you tell?) and 'Two Centuries of French Short Stories' by an assortment of classic French authors. As a French student, I thought it would be a good idea to read some translated works of some popular authors.

That's all the books I have this week. Have any of you read any of the books above? What did you think?