24 Oct 2012

REVIEW: Forgotten by Cat Patrick


Title: Forgotten

Author: Cat Patrick
Publication Date: June 1st 2011
Publisher: Hardie Grant Books
Format: Paperback
Pages: 277
Rating: 4/5
Blurb: I remember forwards. I remember forwards, and forget backwards. My memories, bad, boring, or good, haven't happened yet. So I will remember standing in the fresh-cut grass with the black-clad figures surrounded by stone until I do it for real. I will remember the funeral until it happens - until someone dies. And after that, it will be forgotten. Here's the thing about me: I can see my future, but my past is blank. I see the future in flashes, like memories. I remember what I'll wear tomorrow, and a car crash that won't happen till this afternoon. But yesterday has evaporated from my mind - just like the boy I love. I can't see him in my future. I can't remember him from my past. But today, I love him. And I never want to forget how much
Review: This book was mind-blowing. 

The central idea of the novel itself is extremely different- something I have never seen done before or heard about but Cat Patrick manages it exceptionally well and manages to make it very believable and even heart-aching in places. 

On top of this, the characters are lovable, the writing style is wonderful and the main guy is quickly on his way to becoming yet another one of my fictional boyfriends. It was quick read and completely impossible to put down. I am incredibly excited to get around to reading Cat’s second novel ‘Revived’, especially if it’s anything like this one. I would definitely recommend ‘Forgotten’ to everyone.