1 May 2013

April Wrap-Up and May TBR


As you may recall, last month I set myself 28 books to read, I managed to complete 12 of them which included: My Cousin Rachel, The Mystery of the Blue Train, Eternal, Unsaid Things, The Listerdale Mysteries, Changeling, Unravel Me, Birdsong, One Day, Between Shades of Gray, Corner of White and The Golden Lily. As usual, reviews have either been posted or will be in the coming weeks.

This month I had planned to dial back my TBR by several notches after the crazy one last month, but unfortunately due to my inability to stop myself from borrowing and buying books, this month has turned out to be even crazier.  This month, there are a staggering 37 books that I want to read- as crazy as this sounds, in my defence some of these books are quite short, others I have to read for my Literature class, some of them are have completed, and then of course are the bunch of author requests that Chami and I have agreed to do. Once again, I don’t really expect to finish all of these this month though I would like to get through a decent chunk of them. So without further ado, my insane May TBR:

* = currently reading
Library Books
The Winter Ghosts by Kate Mosse
Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon *
The Farm by Emily McKay
Maus I & II by Art Spiegelmen
They Found Him Dead by Georgette Heyer
Enchantment: The Life of Audrey Hepburn by Daniel Spoto
On Chisel Beach by Ian McEwan
The Innocent by IanMcEwan
Solar by Ian McEwan
Sweet Tooth by Ian McEwan *
The Collected Short Stories by F. Scott Fitzgerald *
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy *
Heaven by Alexandra Adornetto *
Review requests
The Gatekeeper’s Daughter by Eva Pohler  *
The Emerald Tablet by Joshua Silverman *
Age of the Aura, Phase 1: Champions of Power by Samuel Odunsi Jr
Chase and the Fallen Angel by R.J Castro
 CUL8R series by Bob Wernly and Kathy Clark
Skankestein by David Fumarola and Katie Reiter
Sunshine by Nikki Rae
Happily Never After by Missy Fleming
Storm of Arranon series by R.E Sheahan
 Grishma by Kelly Blount
 Coded G6 by Hillary Layelle
The Serpent’s Ring/The Trickster’s Totem by Heidi Bolton
You Are Mine by Janeal Falor
From my bookshelf
Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Truman Capote
The Go-Between by L.P Hartley
The Pale Horse by Agatha Christie
The French Promise by Fiona McIntosh
Suite Francaise by Irene Nemrivosky
The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell
The Casual Vacancy by J.K Rowling *