1. J.K RowlingLet's just get it out of the way and put Jo first on this list. She's a given, really.
2. Daniel HandlerThis is the guy behind Lemony Snicket — my favourite childhood author. The reason I fell in love with reading all those years ago. I couldn't leave him off this list.
3. Tahereh MafiI would like to demand my own personal Warner. Also, I'd really like writing lessons from Tahereh because MY GOD GIRL, HOW DO YOU DO THE THING?
4. Patrick NessThe good ole Nessy... I literally have no idea where that came from. Anyway, Patrick Ness is one of my favourite authors and just AH. This one is actually hopefully coming true this year... I promise I won't call him 'Nessy' to his face.
5. Maureen JohnsonI think Maureen Johnson is hilarious — honestly, I've never met a book of hers that I haven't liked. I think she'd be a lot of fun to listen to in person.
6. Maggie StiefvaterThis has actually happened. I met Maggie in 2011 (wow, that was a long time ago) but I'd really like to meet her again because The Raven Boys. (Look at me being super young and cute with Maggie)
7. Eva PohlerEva is one of the loveliest authors I know and I would absolutely love to get the chance to finally meet her and thank her in person for everything she's sent and done for Chami and I over the years. One day!
8. Agatha ChristieI tried to keep this to authors who are actually alive, but I couldn't help this one. I would really, really like to have some stern words with Agatha for completely destroying my life. COMPLETELY DESTROYING MY LIFE, DO YOU HEAR ME AGATHA?
9. Rick RiordanI would just force him to write ALL of the Percabeth.
10. Sarah J. MaasDid you honestly think you'd make it through a post without me mentioning this goddess? I would honestly sell my soul to meet Sarah — she's probably my favourite author and you can bet that I would cry my eyes out if I ever got the chance to meet her.