5 Jul 2015

Writing Update #2

It's time for another writing update! I think this is pretty self-explanatory, but if you want to see the first update then just click here.

Some exciting things have happened since that update. I'm sure most of you know that Camp NaNoWriMo has officially started, and we'll be talking about how I'm going with that in a little bit but first, let's talk about the pre-Camp writing that went on.

I planned out my entire storyline for my Rebecca retelling, which is what I'm writing for Camp. I actually did this the day after that original post went up in which I said I was in the beginning stages of planning. I also did a chapter-by-chapter, scene-by-scene outline. As you can tell, I'm definitely a 'planner' rather than a 'pantser'. I'm really excited by where it's going at the moment. I even wrote the first 200 words, mainly because I really struggle with starting things and I wanted something to spring off for Camp.

I've also been writing a few poems, which isn't something I've ever tried out before but am really enjoying. I don't know whether I'll ever share these. At the moment, they're really just something for me to try out.

Most excitingly though, I wrote another five chapters—7,000 words of my main WIP, Tied Together. I haven't really been writing this one in the last few weeks because I've been stuck, so I was incredibly happy to finally push past that and get more written. This brings up my total word count to 53,000 which is just great!

The truth is...I haven't written anything for Camp NaNoWriMo so far. I've been in Barcelona this whole week visiting my cousin so I've been exploring the city rather than sticking myself in a very hot room and writing. I know I'll write once I'm back in the UK so I'm not really worried.