22 Apr 2014

Top Ten Characters I Love

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and you can find more about this meme here.This week's list is the top ten characters who x, and I chose to talk about characters who I love (more than anything).


1. Augustus Waters from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
This one shouldn't really surprise anyone. I have this (slightly worrying) obsession when it comes to the amazing Augustus Waters. I wish I could actually put into words how much I love him, but it's just not possible. Of course, I love Ansel Elgort slightly to much too!


2. Warner from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
This one is another pretty obvious one for me.Warner is just beautiful and I adore him so much. It's half Tahereh's fault and half Chami's, but I have no regrets.

3. Sirius Black from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
This one isn't as obvious for those of you who don't know me personally, but I think Sirius Black is the second fictional character who ever stole my heart (the first one is a little further done the list). He's beautiful and I just can't resist him.


4. Phoenix from Violet Eden Chapters by Jessica Shirvington
I know some people who've read these books might disagree with this one, but I love Phoenix more than I should. I loved him from the moment he came into the first book, and I just couldn't stop loving him after that.

5. Rose Hathaway from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Rose is probably one of my all-time favourite protagonists and so I couldn't not put her on this list. She's so badass, but I also really enjoy reading from her perspective because she's funny and sarcastic. She is one of the main reasons I got into YA at all.



6. Violet Baudelaire from A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket
This might be weird for some people, but Violet was the first character I ever loved. I started A Series of Unfortunate Events when I was quite young and Violet was always my favourite character. I always saw her as being really intelligent and she wasn't a 'boy crazy' character, and to be honest, I looked up to her because of that.

7. Liesel Meminger from The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
This one was a bit of a tough one- I wasn't sure whether to pick Liesel or Rudy, but eventually I decided to go with Liesel. Obviously, I felt a connection with Liesel because of her love for books and words but I also really admire her strength and compassion.


8. Percy Jackson from PJ and the Olympians by Rick Riordan
This one might have something to with the fact that's he's played by Logan Lerman (and he's massively super hot), or it made have to do with the fact that I love his humour and sarcasm in the books. We may never know.

9. Chubs from The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
I'm not going to lie, I almost include Liam in this list but then Chubs came to mind and then Liam really had no chance. So Chubs is the only character on this list who isn't a main character or a love interest, does that tell you how amazing he is? I just adore him so much that sometimes I just say 'Chubs' to Chami and then go back to ugly sobbing. That's the level I've reached here. Please send help...

10. Charlie from Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
This is another OMG LOGAN LERMAN character. Well that, and I just can't describe the feels Charlie and his story gives me. I love him so very much, and I will cry absolutely every time I watch the movie and I won't even regret it.

1 comment:

  1. Nice list! I've only read Harry Potter out of all these listed so I don't know who most of them are. Some I do from movie trailers and from just reading the book's blurb. Love your topic :)
    Check out my TT
    Michelle @ Book Hangovers Blabs Books

    ReplyDelete